Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Favorite Pieces

This was my first attempt at color, it was a self portrait done with watercolor. I had a liverspotted dalmatian that had traveled the world with me, as I crossed the room to look at my new piece leaning against the wall, my ever so faithful companion had just taken a big sloppy drink of water and moved in for closer observation, hence the running paint. Normally I think I would have been irritated, but instead laughed because it seemed to add something to the picture.

This one is titled "Mystical Forest" there are hidden images in the background if you look for them. All the leaves, twigs and bark I glued to the canvas were all things I found while hiking one summer. I like this one because you can almost feel the sun on the womans face.






This was one of my favorites entitled "No" done with acrylics 18x36 this was the first painting I ever put in a gallery and it ended up on the gallery owners wall. I like the colors that jump off the canvas and grab your attention.







1 comment:

  1. This is a great collection. Love your style...so refreshing and different.

    ReplyDelete